I can’t find any Tartare sauce in the shops that’s free from Rapeseed Oil. I know this doesn’t bother most people but it seems to affect certain members of our family, so I decided to make my own and found it’s even better than the shop bought ones.
I looked up this recipe in my old Supercook magazines from the 1970’s. There’s some great recipes in them and some of the recipes from the 70’s are making a comeback, so I hope to convert a few more to Gluten and Dairy free in the future.
Be careful not to use low fat mayonnaise in the recipe as these usually contain milk.
Tartare Sauce Recipe – Gluten and Dairy Free
- 120 mls Organic Garlic Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Provamel Soya alternative to cream
- ½ Tablespoon Finely chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon Finely chopped gherkins
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh chives or dried
- ½ teaspoon chopped parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine the mayonnaise and Soya cream
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients
- Put into a clean screw top jar (I used a 200mls size jar)
- Keep in the fridge until needed.