I’ve been experimenting to make a lovely Gluten free loaf with less ingredients to simplify it and here it is below. It seems to be just as soft and long lasting as my other recipe but with a shorter ingredients list.
If you want to use a bread machine, it would be best to mix all the ingredients together first to make sure it’s the correct consistency. Then after the machine has finished the cycle, put into a preheated oven 200° C for another 15 – 20 minutes. Leave in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out on a rack to cool
Best Gluten Free Bread – Quicker Version
- 8 ozs Tapioca Flour
- 4 ozs Doves Gluten free White bread flour
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons Quick Yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Soya Flour important for softness
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 400 mls water add gradually as you may not need it all
- 60 mls Oil
- Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl with 300mls of the water.
- Turn on the food mixer - slowly at first to incorporate all the ingredients
- Once all the ingredients are combined, you'll probably find it's not wet enough, so add more water until it's the consistency of runny cake batter. This is important as, if the mixture is too dry, it just won't rise properly. The yeast won't be able to make the mixture rise as gluten free mixes are a bit on the heavy side.
- Beat the mixture for one minute
- Tip into your 2lb cake tin.
- Cover the tin with cling film or damp clean tea towel. Leave to rise until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Place the tin in the centre of the oven for 1 hour 10mins
- Leave in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out and allowing to cool.
- Don't be tempted to cut a warm loaf, it will be too sticky and may totally collapse inside the crust
Any problems, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org