These sticky toffee puddings are scrumptious quick and easy to make too. The original recipe is in 200 really easy recipes by Hamlyn and I’ve adapted it to Gluten, Corn and Dairy free, which tastes just as good as the real thing.
Unfortunately, these aren’t suitable for any type of slimming diet 🙁
Individual Sticky Toffee Puddings - Gluten and Dairy Free
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2 tbsp Black Treacle
- 150 g Margarine Dairy free spread I use 'Pure' Sunflower spread
- 2 tbsp Cream alternative Provamel soya cream or Alpro
- 125 g Caster Sugar
- 2 whole eggs beaten
- 100 g Self Raising flour I use Glebe Gluten free SR Flour
- 50 g Walnuts lightly toasted and ground (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Lightly grease 4 ramekins
- In a small saucepan, heat together the Golden Syrup, Treacle and 50g of the dairy free spread until melted. Don't burn!
- Use half the mixture to share out between the 4 ramekin dishes
- Stir the soya cream into the remaining syrup and set aside
- Put the remaining dairy free spread, sugar, eggs and flour into a mixing bowl and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in the walnuts if using
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekins, covering the syrup mixture at the bottom.
- Place the ramekin dishes on to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes until risenand golden
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes while you gently reheat the syrup mixture.
- Turn out onto a plate and pour over the warm treacle sauce.