Gluten free pizzas and bases from the supermarkets are apt to be a bit like cardboard but this recipe makes a nice soft base, more like the real thing. I hope you like it.
I just used my Aunty Lil’s Tomato and chilli pasta sauce as a topping with grated sheep’s cheese on top. But you can use your own inspired ideas for toppings. This is a small pizza as it was an experiment when making some rolls using the same recipe. So, double up the quantities to make a large pizza
Marguerita Pizza – Gluten & Lactose free
- 3 oz Tapioca Flour
- .5 tbsp Quick Yeast
- 1 tspn Sugar
- .5 tbsp Potato Flour
- .5 tbsp Soya Flour
- .5 tbsp Psyllium Husks
- .5 tbsp Dried Egg white
- 3 oz Bread Flour Doves Freee
- 150 ml water approx amount
- 1 Egg
- 30 ml cooking oil I use Light olive oil
- 1/2 cup Pizza sauce I use my own pasta sauce ‘Aunty Lil’s Tomato and chilli pasta sauce’ on the website
- 2 oz Cheese I use Ossau Iraty sheep cheese
- Put all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowlAdd the egg, Oil and about 100ml of the waterTurn on the mixer, slowly to start with, then on to a medium speed.Gradually add the water until a dropping consistency of batterSpread the batter about 5mm thick over a pizza baking panPut in a warm place to rise for about 15 minutesThen bake in the oven 180° C for 10 mins. Or until just cooked. You don’t want it too brown as you have to put it back in the oven to cook when covered with the topping.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the pizza base. Use more or less depending on your own taste.Grate the cheese over the top.Place back in the oven for about 10 mins until the cheese has melted and bubbling.This is just for a Marguerita but you can add other ingredients depending on how you like your pizza.