This tomato pasta sauce is free from dairy and gluten. When following Slimming World, I like to make quick dishes. Otherwise, I get fed up and pick at snacks that I shouldn’t. Lots of the recipes on the Slimming World website are a bit long winded. I eat a lot of pasta when following this diet, so like to make different sauces that I can spoon on to my fusilli and heat up in the microwave. I also like to add a few teaspoons of Philadelphia Garlic & Herbs cheese as an extra healthy option and stir it in.
I find it strange that you can eat lots of pasta (dried not fresh) and still lose weight. But it does work. I’ve found I lose a lot of weight by just giving up bread and cakes etc. And it really doesn’t take very long to stop yearning for sweet things if you tell yourself your not going to have any. The more syns you eat, the slower your weight loss will be and the quicker you’ll get fed up with dieting and start cheating. This is a yummy tomato based sauce with a slight kick. If you like your sauces extra spicy then just add a bit more chilli.
This sauce is less than 1 syn per portion. Serves 4 people
Aunty Lil’s Tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 4 ozs Fusilli or other pasta gluten free
- 4 ozs smoked bacon visible fat removed and chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder mild or hot depending on your preference
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed and finely chopped
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 275 g Passata
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley - chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water. Simmer until al dente - 8 - 10 minutes
- Drain and keep warm.
- Put the oil in a pan on a medium heat.
- Add Bacon and fry until fat begins to run
- Add the Onion and Garlic and cook until slightly softened but not burnt
- Add the passata and chilli powder.
- Simmer until slightly reduced.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the sauce and pasta together and sprinkle parsley on top