This yummy Creamy Cajun chicken recipe – Dairy and Gluten free is quick and easy to make and has become a firm favourite in our house. I found the recipe on Willcookforsmiles.com and adapted it to be dairy free.
For anyone who’s intolerant to lactose, sheep’s cheese, goat’s cheese or genuine Buffalo mozarella can often be tolerated. I just love the taste without any added cheese.
Creamy Cajun Chicken – Gluten and Dairy free
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp Light olive oil
- ½ onion chopped (or 2 tsp onion granules)
- 2 Medium Tomatoes chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced or chopped (or 2 tsp garlic granules)
- ⅓ cup White wine If no wine available use a Tesco white wine stock pot
- 1.5 cups Dairy free cream alternative Provamel or Alpro cream alternative
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp dried Thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano/marjoram
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Grated Cheese Ossau Iraty or genuine Buffalo Mozarella is generally tolerated with people intolerant to dairy is usually tolerated optional
- Chop up the chicken breasts into chunks and fry over a medium heat in the oil until cooked. Take chicken out and put to one side
- Add a little more oil to the pan if needed. On a medium heat, cook the tomatoes, Garlic and Onions until soft.
- Add the wine and stir. Let simmer for about a minute
- Lower the heat and add the Dairy free cream, mix well
- Add all the spices. Have a little taste to see if you need any more cayenne depending on how hot you’d like your Cajun sauce
- Put the chicken pieces back into the sauce and simmer for 5 – 7 minutes
- If using any cheese stir into the Cajun until melted.