Another favourite dish in our house is this lovely warming Chicken Chasseur recipe. Delicious on a cold winter’s day.
The recipe below has been taken from the Schwartz Spices website but using skinless and filleted chicken thighs instead of chicken portions with skin on. Less fat that way and more suitable for Slimming World or Weightwatchers
Chicken Chasseur – Gluten & Dairy free
- 3 tbs Gluten free flour
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tbsp oil
- 175 g chopped onion or small button onions
- 300 ml dry white wine or Tesco white wine stock pot
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 2 dried Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 100 g button mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Coat chicken in the flour.
- Heat oil in flameproof casserole over medium/high heat. Cook chicjen and onions until golden
- Add all the remaining ingredients, cover the casserole and put in the oven for 2 hours
- Put back on the hob and thicken the gravy by sprinkling rice flour over it with a tea strainer bit by bit and mixing until desired consistency.