So, when you want a burger and you’re gluten free, you do not want to be eating your juicy burger between two lumps of cardboard. I promise you, these burger buns are easy to make and beautifully soft in the middle.
Not only for burgers. You could put poppy seed instead of sesame seeds. Especially if you have an allergy to sesame seeds.
Soft Gluten Free Burger Buns
- 2 ozs Tapioca Flour Buywholefoods online
- 2 tspn Fast acting dried yeast
- 2 tspn sugar
- 1 tbsp Soya Flour
- 1 tbsp Dried Egg White
- 1 tbsp Psyllium Husk
- 1 tbsp Potato flour
- 1 tspn Glycerine Optional - meant to improve softness
- 60 mls Sunflower Oil
- 2 oz Flour Dove's Gluten free bread flour
- 150 mls Water (Approximate amount) Warm to speed up proving time
- Sesame seeds To taste
- Put all your dry ingredients in a food mixer Add glycerine to Oil and add to dry ingredientsAdd half the water to start with and gently mix, then gradually add more until the mixture is quite sloppy.Put the mixture into a four hole Yorkshire pudding tinSprinkle some sesame seeds over the top.Put in a warm oven (not too hot or the yeast will be killed) with a bowl of water, to keep everything moist.It should take about 30 mins to almost double in size. Don't leave too long or it'll collapse again.Once risen, turn the oven up to 200°C and cook for 35 minutesLeave in the tin for 10 mins before turning out onto a plate to cool thoroughly.