These Muffins are mouth wateringly good and you won’t believe you’re not eating something very fattening. You can add your own flavourings but be careful they’re not full of sugar.
This recipe is so simple, yet so delicious. You can just mix all the ingredients together in one go and you don’t have to beat it for ages.
Low Carb Muffins, free from dairy, wheat, gluten & Sugar
- 5 ozs Ground almonds
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 60 ml Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- little water
- 3 ozs Xylitol Total Sweet
- Diabetic Strawberry Jam
- Beat all ingredients together. It will be quite a sloppy mixture. Like a thick batter. Put into 6 muffin cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven – 170° C, 340° F, Gas Mark 4 for about 15 – 20 mins, until springy to the touch.
- Leave to cool, then cut slits across the muffin and gently put a little jam in each one.
- Eat and enjoy.
- 1.5 units per muffin for Aunty Lils low carb diet