Creamy Cajun Chicken - Gluten and Dairy free
This creamy Cajun chicken tastes just as good as the real thing but uses Soya Cream instead of Dairy Cream
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp Light olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped (or 2 tsp onion granules)
- 2 Medium Tomatoes chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced or chopped (or 2 tsp garlic granules)
- 1/3 cup White wine If no wine available use a Tesco white wine stock pot
- 1.5 cups Dairy free cream alternative Provamel or Alpro cream alternative
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano/marjoram
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Grated Cheese Ossau Iraty or genuine Buffalo Mozarella is generally tolerated with people intolerant to dairy is usually tolerated optional
Chop up the chicken breasts into chunks and fry over a medium heat in the oil until cooked. Take chicken out and put to one side
Add a little more oil to the pan if needed. On a medium heat, cook the tomatoes, Garlic and Onions until soft.
Add the wine and stir. Let simmer for about a minute
Lower the heat and add the Dairy free cream, mix well
Add all the spices. Have a little taste to see if you need any more cayenne depending on how hot you'd like your Cajun sauce
Put the chicken pieces back into the sauce and simmer for 5 - 7 minutes
If using any cheese stir into the Cajun until melted.
Can be served with Rice or Pasta. I sometimes add some cooked new potatoes and mushrooms to the mix.
If you want a low carb - Keto version, serve with Courgetti spaghetti. Spiralize a courgette and boil in lightly salted water for a few minutes until the consistency of pasta. I like to add some garlic and onion salt to the saucepan to give the courgette a bit of extra flavour. Put the courgette on the plate and pour over the Creamy Cajun chicken.