This fruit loaf is really simple to make and tastes delicious. It also doesn’t contain gluten, corn or dairy.
I hope Mary Berry doesn’t mind me adapting her recipe.
Gluten and Dairy free Fruit cake loaf
- 75 grams Sugar
- 75 grams Dairy free spread
- 100 grams Gluten Free flour I use Doves GF bread flour
- 2 tspn GF baking powder
- 100 grams Glacé cherries
- 100 grams Sultanas
- 1 whole Egg
- 7.5 mls Dairy free milk alternative I use Koko milk
- Line a 1lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper.Preheat oven to 140°CChop up the glacé cherries. Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl except the fruit. Give it a good mix.Stir in the fruitPut mixture into the lined tinPlace tin in middle of the oven and bake for 1hr 15mins.
Mary Berry tip
- Dust Glacè cherries with flour, it makes them easier to chop without sticking to everytheverything